Analyst - Market Research Reports
BCC Research is an international publisher of technical/economic evaluations of advanced technologies, market forecasts and industry newsletters. Since 1971, Analysts at BCC Research have studied major markets in all areas of high technology, and some low-tech areas as well. The company is widely known for its focus on the newer, in some cases arcane, technologies that are presently exerting a profound influence on manufacturers and users on a worldwide scale.
In line with the company's growth, numerous openings are available for seasoned writers/market researchers/economists who are capable of preparing complete, self-contained technical/economic market research reports for any of the subject areas identified below.
Scope of BCC's research:
Writing opportunities are available in all of the wide spectrum of industries that BCC Research covers, namely:
* Advanced Materials
(Ceramics, Composites, Electronics, Nanotechnologies, Optics, SMT/Coatings)
* Biotechnology / Life Sciences
* Construction / Industrial
* Environment (Waste, Water, Air)
* Food / Beverage
* Information Technology
(Banking, Communications, Computers, Electronics)
* Instruments / Sensors
* Membrane / Separations
* Plastics / Polymers
* Safety / Security
The average duration for this part-time, contract assignment is 12 weeks. Compensation is very competitive and working conditions are excellent as Analysts may work from their own offices independently and can be based anywhere in the world.
Qualifications, Experience, and Knowledge:
The successful analyst should:
* Be analytically inclined.
* Be aware of major strategic planning/market research requirements of large and small firms or, in other words, "What are firms looking for today in terms of market analysis/data?"
* Be very comfortable with numerical data and have the ability to estimate and forecast the market demand, in both dollars and physical units, for products and technologies.
* Possess strong interviewing skills.
* Have good research skills and familiarity with data sources in their chosen field.
* Be organized and able to meet publishing deadlines.
* Be sensitive to possible copyright issues when it comes to composition of report text and tables.
* Have the ability to present a well-integrated, readable, and organized qualitative and quantitative document.
* Have an advanced degree (preferably in an industry mentioned above) is helpful but relevant experience can sometimes be substituted.
* Have relevant industrial experience is most helpful.
BCC Research report writing offers excellent opportunities for graduate students, providing them with a ready means to develop their technical/economic research and report writing skills.
To apply, please send a cover letter identifying (1) your areas of greatest technical interest and competence; and (2) a summary of your market research skills and experience, a copy of your resume, a list of publications, and your salary requirements to Kevin.Fitzgerald@bccresearch.com.
Inside Sales Professional
Are you looking for a great job opportunity? Are you looking to join a company that is dedicated to their employees? Are you looking to showcase your sales skills? Do you want to be generously compensated for your success? If your answer is yes, we have the position for you.
We at BCC Research have an immediate opening for an Inside Sales Professional to be located at our headquarters, just outside Boston, MA. This person will be responsible for sales of all BCC Research reports, newsletters, and conferences and will report to the Sales Manager of BCC Research.
Responsibilities and Challenges include:
* Consistently increase revenue by developing a sales pipeline from cold calling, prospecting within existing customers and marketing programs
* Manage and prioritize sales leads developed by the Marketing organization and direct prospects through a series of questions to further qualify and competitively position BCC Research�s product offerings
* Develop existing BCC Research customers into new business opportunities by cross selling and up selling into new projects and initiatives
* Learn the key features and benefits of BCC Research�s products and service offerings to determine the appropriate product in a particular market or end user type
* Maintain level of key metrics to meet minimum activity requirements (for example, call volume) on a consistent basis
* Maintain the sales database including setting alarms for follow-up, lead tracking and pipeline development efforts
* Represent the "voice of the customer" to management.
Background and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
* Inside sales experience is required
* Experience with business to business, information products or science and technology products is a major plus
* Proven track record of exceeding quota and business goals
* Quick learner with demonstrated sales ability
* Excellent communication skills
* Self starter with the ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
* Demonstrated level of professionalism and positive attitude.
Qualified candidates please respond with resume and cover letter including salary history to email@example.com