Seeking Brand Ambassador and Community Manager Candidates
Date: 2009-11-23, 7:02PM CST
Reply to: email@example.com [Errors when replying to ads?]
Lunch.com is seeking candidates to join our team of Brand Ambassadors and Community Managers, who are responsible for cultivating an active, dynamic online community and facilitating user-generated content creation. A key function of this role will be to embody the brand identity through a highly visible member profile and to serve as a model member of the community, engaging others in robust site activity. We are seeking outgoing, passionate, articulate candidates who will bring our brand positioning and strategy to life by personifying our values and philosophy (http://www.lunch.com/AboutUs.html ) in all community interactions.
• Very strong written communications skills (must be able to be succinct yet compelling, and have a friendly, personable approach)
• Social, outgoing and friendly demeanor – someone who genuinely likes people and human interaction and is comfortable with personal online expression
• Active and engaged participant in user generated content and, Web 2.0 social media web sites (ideally active on several of the following sites: Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Yelp, Digg, Delicious, Amazon (reviews), Yahoo! Groups, MySpace, YouTube, Wikipedia, LinkedIn)
• Knowledge and experience with interactive technology, specifically, an understanding of online opinion-sharing culture, and dynamics of social media
• Experience with social media and community websites
• Extensive network of personal & professional contacts that can serve to raise brand awareness and engage new members
• Strong preference for candidates with prior grassroots community experience
• Create a robust profile on Lunch.com
• Build relationships with community members
• Respectfully and constructively rate and comment on site member’s reviews
• Post thoughtful, high quality content based on a variety of subjects and help increase content and interest in underrepresented subject areas
• Aid marketing team in spreading the word about Lunch.com through social media sites, blog and forum outreach and other grassroots campaigns
• Must be able to commit to minimum of 10 hours per week at a compensation rate of $12 per hour (potential for full time role is a possibility for the right candidate, however our primary need is for freelance part time roles at this time)
Please include in your cover letter the following:
• Your five favorite websites
• Links to your profiles on social media sites
• Links to any original content you have created online, including blog posts, reviews, articles, etc
Please apply only if you have directly applicable experience, as detailed above. Telecommuting is ok. This is a part-time job.
MORE ABOUT LUNCH
Lunch is a community based on finding your common ground with other people in order to help make the world more tolerant and thoughtful. At Lunch, you share and discover genuinely useful information and ideas. This connects you to people with common interests while also uncovering your common ground with people who may seem to be your total opposite.
Fueled by your curiosity, Lunch features reviews, lists, and ratings contributed from our community on almost any imaginable topic. From the latest YouTube video, to a local mechanic, a life philosophy, a snowboard, universal healthcare, or a rock concert, it's a place for all interests.
Based on what you share, you're connected to a Similarity Network of people who share your opinions and perspective. Through them, you can discover a mystery novel you've never heard of, a great local animal hospital, or the best place to buy folding bikes. You can also learn a bit more about people you'd otherwise never encounter. That glimpse of each others point of view has the potential power make us all more understanding.
You rate the helpfulness of what you find at Lunch, and we filter out the noise to give you what's most relevant and useful. In turn, your feedback encourages others to create better, more thoughtful content. Lunch is about making it fun and easy for you to share what you know, whether you're a super-user or a novice.
Lunch is a community of people who appreciate good conversation and respect. It's a network that connects you to those who share your passion for understanding more in life.
Feed your curiosity. Lunch.
Hiring Organization: Lunch.com
* Compensation: $12/hr
* Telecommuting is ok.
* This is a part-time job.
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.