Strategic Research Consultant: Biology (Work from Home)
Date: 2009-11-16, 6:42PM EST
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
The Constitution Foundation, a private foundation focused on free online education, seeks 2 qualified individuals (preferably with a graduate degree in Biology) to work from home and fill the position of Strategic Research Consultant.
Position: The Constitution Foundation is looking for qualified individuals in the Washington DC area who are able to use their knowledge of college-level bio-sciences and subject matter textbooks, course outlines/syllabi and other available educational resources as the basis for unique course outlines to serve as a guideline for the typical domain covered by a general undergraduate Biology degree program.
The applicant will play an integral role in the following plan:
1. Determine the individual courses generally required for an undergraduate Biology degree
2. Create comprehensive course outlines and descriptions for each course using existing discoverable outlines and educational resources
3. Identify Open Educational Resources (OERs) that satisfy various elements of each course
4. Identify gaps in the curriculum unsatisfied by OERs currently in existence
5. Catalyze the submission and/or creation of missing curriculum through public relations efforts, OER and University community outreach, private partnerships and a contest with a monetary reward.
Summary: Individual will research existing course materials, identify content intersection, create a hybrid course outline in a uniform, professional format as provided by the foundation.
Undergraduate degree in Biology strongly preferred. Ability to analyze and synthesize data and draft high quality written materials and correspondence required. Candidate must possess strong written communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to quickly identify and resolve problems with minimum supervision. Strong interest in education and social change is a plus.
Position Pays $15-$20 per hour based on experience.
Minimum of 10 hours a week required.
* Location: Work from Home
* Compensation: $20 per hour
* Telecommuting is ok.
* This is a part-time job.
* This is a contract job.
* This is at a non-profit organization.
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.