PT Office Administrator for Non-profit (Bethesda/Washington DC area)
Date: 2009-11-02, 8:05PM EST
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
The Insight Meditation Community of Washington (IMCW) is seeking a part-time Office Administrator. 20-25 hours/week. Very competitive salary. Work mostly from home, and have your own personal transportation for attending occasional meetings in the Bethesda/Washington DC area.
This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Insight Meditation Community of Washington (IMCW). Under the direction of the Board Member for Operations, he/she will ensure that administrative functions are conducted effectively and efficiently. Duties include:
· Coordinating the work of other part-time staff (currently includes Assistant Administrator, Event Coordinator, and KM Coordinator)
· Providing administrative support to the Board of Directors, Board committees, councils and task forces, as appropriate, including organizing meeting logistics and preparing materials for meetings
· Maintaining the organization’s database, hosted on eTapestry, including entering data or training others to enter data, creating queries, running reports, sending acknowledgements for donations, and being primary contact with eTapestry
· Handling financial processing, including coding check requests and deposits, processing checks, maintaining financial files, working with IMCW’s accountant
· Implementing the Fall Fundraising Campaign under the direction of the Fundraising Committee
· Coordinating maintenance of IMCW website
· Responding to emails on a variety of subjects
· Coordinating staffing, venues, and pricing for IMCW classes and retreats
· Maintaining paper and electronic files
· Other duties as assigned
· Have own transportation, with convenient access to Bethesda area
· Have own computer with Internet access and Word and Excel programs and a functioning home office with room for files and other materials
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
· Proven ability to work independently
· Ability to handle multiple priorities
· Have experience as an office administrator
· Other relevant experience considered (please describe)
· All IMCW staff are part-time and work from home
To learn more about IMCW go to www.imcw.org. Interested candidates should send their resume, including salary history and salary requirements, to Kurt Maurer at IMCW.KM@GMAIL.COM before November 21, 2009.
* Location: Bethesda/Washington DC area
* Compensation: Very competitive. Please send salary history and requirements.
* Telecommuting is ok.
* This is a part-time job.
* This is at a non-profit organization.
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.