Customer Support Manager ~ Telecommute
Date: 2009-09-28, 10:11AM EDT
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Ruby Lane is the premier online source for Antiques & Art, Vintage Collectibles & Jewelry, hosting over 2,000 individually owned online sellers from around the world. In this niche market, we enjoy an excellent level of brand loyalty and rely on highly automated systems as part of our success. Our staff is spread out across the U.S. and in Europe, most of whom are virtual single-person satellites. The Ruby Lane team is small, experienced, flexible and multi-talented.
We're looking for an experienced e-Commerce Customer Support Manager to manage our Customer Support Department. This is a salaried, full time work-from-home position. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, goal-oriented, self-disciplined, and has the ability to perform a variety of tasks working in a small, established company.
If you have the qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com, by following the instructions at the bottom of the ad.
As Ruby Lane is registered to do business in certain States, U.S. applicants must reside in one of these States: CA, FL, GA, IL, OK, PA, TN, TX. or non U.S. applicants must reside overseas.
Saturday hours (8 hours) are a requirement of the job. A day off during the Monday thru Friday working week will be made available.
Applicants need to be available for employment immediately.
If this is you read on.
The chosen candidate's responsibilities:
* Oversee and manage the day to day operation of a small department of experienced Customer Support representatives
* Allocate work to Staff when required and monitor results
* Assist Staff with the resolution of the more complex customer challenges/issues
* Initiate and involve Staff in projects for the improvement of procedure and efficiencies, in line with our high level of customer support and customer retention
* Identify and communicate Customer Support-related issues to other internal teams as they arise
* Maintain and update Customer Support procedural guidelines and online training information
* Maintain a good-humored and positive attitude to ensure high Staff morale within the Department and Company.
Qualifications and requirements:
* Minimum of 5 years business experience
* Minimum of 3 years experience as an e-Commerce people-manager
* Must enjoy the dynamics of e-Commerce.
* Strong people management skills, including proven experience in coaching and development
* Articulate, with strong verbal and written communication skills, including proof reading and grammar correction
* Ability to learn quickly and work under pressure and deadlines
* Must be able to manage multiple projects and often-competing priorities
* Ability to work in a fast paced virtual environment with strong problem solver skills
* Ability to maintain a calm, professional demeanor and work well with others
* Must be detail oriented and highly organized, including follow-through skills
* Demonstrated ability to think critically and analytically from the customer's vantage point
* Comfortable working in a small work group environment, as well as on your own.
* Must have a functional, high speed Internet connection (Cable or DSL)
* Desire for long term employment and commitment
* Occasional business travel will be required.
* U.S. applicants must reside in the following States : CA, FL, GA, IL, OK, PA, TN, TX or non U.S. applicants must reside overseas.
* The successful candidate must be comfortable working solo (physically) from a single "satellite" location as opposed to in a group setting.
If you have the qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the interest of efficiency and because of the varied word processing programs, please do not send your submission as an attachment to your email. Instead, please paste your resume and cover letter into the body of the email itself and send to email@example.com.
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday October 9.
About Ruby Lane
Founded in 1998, Ruby Lane Inc is a closely held established California Corporation and offers flexible work hours and location with competitive salary. For employees, not contractors, we offer company paid medical insurance, 401(K), profit sharing, and paid vacation/holidays. Ruby Lane is an equal opportunity employer.
* OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.