Support Role For Community Website (part-time / work from home ) (East Coast)
Date: 2009-09-14, 6:36PM EDT
Reply to: email@example.com [Errors when replying to ads?]
We are a growing invitation-only paid-subscription online social networking community.
Having recently launched an innovative new web site, we are seeking an internet savvy individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with honesty, intelligence, compassion and good social skills. The hours are fairly flexible and your location (e.g. home) is not important. The position is about half-time (e.g. 50% of a work month). Hours will increase as the community grows.
You will be responsible for providing online/email and telephone support to a values based online social networking community where integrity, honesty and courtesy are paramount. Location permitting, you may also be involved in some event organization.
We are NOT looking for someone between corporate jobs, but rather a person who is seeking a long term 'virtual' position with flexible hours.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Moderation of message boards according to certain criteria.
- Email and phone support of members (some members are quite technically challenged).
- Monitoring of website.
- Quality testing of new website functionality.
- Virtual assistant to the founder.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Great attention to detail.
- Confidence in independent decision making
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people from various backgrounds
- Strong technical/computer skills
- Web and internet savvy
- Familiarity with HTML and browsers
- Good a investigating & solving issue.
The company is based in New York - being located here is a plus but not a necessity.
This free-lance position will initially pay $1,000 per month, which will increase as the membership grows. Stock options may be offered as a bonus, based on performance.
Please send a resume AND cover email explaining why you are the right person and high-lighting any relevant experience and attach your resume as a word doc. Should we decide to move forward, professional & character references will be requested.
Start Date: October 1st 2009. Training will be provided.
* Location: East Coast
* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
* Compensation: Per month