Web Photo Moderator for foodgawker/craftgawker (part-time) (pacific heights)
Date: 2009-12-02, 1:08PM PST
Reply to: email@example.com [Errors when replying to ads?]
foodgawker and craftgawker are popular user submitted photo galleries that showcase the best food bloggers and crafters from around the world. We are seeking passionate and reliable moderators for the sites. If you love food or crafts, have a great eye for composition/photo quality and like to work at home in your PJs, then we have the perfect job for you!
The moderator of foodgawker/craftgawker selects and orders the user submitted food/craft photos to publish on a daily basis. The moderator critiques each submission and provides technical feedback (e.g. low lighting/underexposed) on rejected submissions. He or she will also categorize each post and correct any spelling or grammar errors in the post description.
We have two part-time editor positions available. The positions are performed remotely, i.e. work anywhere you like. The foodgawker position hours are approximately from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm Monday through Friday. The craftgawker position is flexible, any 3 hour window during the day. But once that window is picked, the publishing hours must remain consistent Monday - Friday.
- Demonstrated photography background
- Possess a good eye for proper lighting and composition
- Must love food or arts/crafts, depending on the position
- Access to a high quality computer display/monitor
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to provide constructive criticism/feedback to help users improve their photography skills
- Needs to be reliable and accountable
- 5 days a week, Monday - Friday, approximately 3 hours a day, publish 48-60 photos/posts per day
- Position is performed remotely and work can be done anywhere with a good internet connection, working from the same computer display is a must.
- Experience with WordPress blogging platform is a plus
If you are interested in the moderator position, please apply by emailing us...
1) Your resume
2) A brief description of your photography experience/background
3) Which site you're applying for... foodgawker or craftgawker
4) Why you are interested in the position
* Compensation: $15 per hour
* Telecommuting is ok.
* This is a part-time job.
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.