Seeking Computer Research Assistant
Date: 2009-11-30, 7:10PM PST
Reply to: see below
We are an IT research firm seeking a research assistant. Main responsibilities include:
1) compile news from external sources and analysis by our staff;
2) electronically publish the material, mainly via email, blog, and our website; and
3) occasionally support the President with sales.
Candidates must be detail-oriented, have some technical aptitude, and be able to work independently. Hours are typically 10-15 hours a week; we are flexible with scheduling. Normally the work can be done from home. The position is ideal for high school or undergraduate students, and especially for people who are interested in digital technologies that help people communicate--such as email, instant messaging, conferencing, and team workspaces.
See http://www.ferris.com for more information about Ferris Research.
* Should score well in general aptitude test. Candidates should be able to think independently and with intelligence, eg., to review proposed changes to sales contracts.
* Will need own PC and Internet connection. Should be able to support and troubleshoot own PC and Internet connection since working from home. Must own a PC (not a Mac) and have 2003+ version of Word, Windows XP or above.
* Must have good attention to detail, eg., so that work on report formatting and data entry are done accurately.
* Need to communicate well and keep in sync with colleagues, eg., should raise hands when he/she has a problem.
* Should have good people skills with clients and good internal resources (ie. "emotional intelligence").
* Preferably should be familiar with HTML, so he/she can tailor the HTML code of newsletters or even build a newsletter by hand. Should know how to do basic HTML tags.
* Preferably should be in the Greater Bay Area, so you can occasionally meet in person with the President (based in San Francisco and London).
Email cover letter/resume (as attachments) and any inquiries about the position to email@example.com.
* Compensation: DOE
* Telecommuting is ok.
* This is a part-time job.
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.